Thursday, January 13, 2011

Challenge by Linda Farmer, "Zentangle Your Name"

This challenge was definatly fun to do. I screwed up a little by using two different tangle patterns that start with the letter "C" since I was drawing my nick name "Cookie" in my first attempt with this challenge, but it still turned out nice. I've started another one with my first name "Andrea" which I'll be done with tonight.
I explained this Challenge to my Husband and he thought of 3 different ways to Zentangle your name or a word; One was draw an outline of the first letter of your name and fill it with a tangle pattern that starts with that same letter and surround that letter with other tangle patterns of your choice that begins with the letters of the rest of your name.
The other idea which I've seen was draw an outline of the letters in your name in string and fill out each letter with the tangle patterns that start with those letters.
He thought of another great idea, but I can't remember it, but I'm planning on trying his two ideas he thought of and running with it. I will have them posted when I'm done. My Husband has great ideas for someone with not a lot of artistic abilities and can't draw.

No comments: